Software Project Manager: As part of an ongoing digital transformation programme we are seeking an experienced Software Project Manager in Agile and the delivery of application/ Microservices/ API based projects. Engaging with both internal and external stakeholders you will define the needs and requirements before managing to a successful conclusion.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team of software and database developers and business experts. You will use an array of modern technologies to develop and deploy fully featured browser-based business applications.
The ideal Software Project Manager will have:
- Experience of engaging with stakeholders across the business
- A track record of delivering web-based applications working in an Agile environment using tools such as Scrum, Kanban, Jenkins, GitHub, etc.
- The ability to manage projects through the full lifecycle from conception to testing and go-live managing developers, testers, QA when required.
- Solves own problems without being asked, has a ‘right first time’ attitude
- Resilience – to cope with demands and timescales
- Relationship skills
- True leadership skills, including a ‘one team’ ethos and the ability to motivate others
- A customer service orientation
- Focused and timely communication skills; clear and persuasive under pressure
- Used to working in a changing and challenging environment, the successful candidate will have an evident ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Have ideally started their career as a Software Developer.
Key Responsibilities for the Software Project Manager include:
- Project Planning: including the formulation of the overall design, build and test effort,
- Project Control
- Project Communications & Stakeholder Management
- Project Risk and Issue Management
- Resource Management
- Budgetary & Cost Control
- Full system development and implementation lifecycle; from inception, design, build & test to a live fully supported system, accepted by the business stakeholder.
- Responding to user queries and issues that may occur in Production.
As well as an excellent base salary this role offers a good bonus and benefits package.