Permanent Senior QA Engineer – Croydon – Salary ranges from £45000 – £65000
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Senior QA Engineer to work for a global organisation based near Croydon. The Senior QA (Quality Assurance) Engineer will be responsible for writing comprehensive test plans, performing system and regression testing, conducting manual and automated testing, across our suite of software products.
Main responsibilities and duties for the Senior QA Engineer
- Design, develop and deploy a software development test strategy, which is consistent and aligned with the overall Research and Development Group objectives and strategy.
- Identifying, proposing and implementing Automation and Test Management tools from scratch, in parallel with introducing other best practices, collectively for improving our quality assurance.
- Champion and support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) lifecycle performed by Product Owners from the wider business, after the completion of our static, dynamic and eventually automated, testing by the Software team.
- Provide estimates of required testing resources (time, people, skills, environments, tools etc.) for the project/change, in order to produce test schedules for each phase of testing.
- Optimising our UAT handover/reporting process – ensuring that the Product Owners’ acceptance criteria are met and their UAT sign off is captured in a timely manner.
- Creating multiple test plans to cover all test cycles, for any particular project or business change.
To apply for the Senior QA Engineer vacancy you must have;
- At least 3 years’ Functional testing experience in a Testing role, testing desktop and web applications in a Windows environment
- Experienced in delivering quality automated testing solutions for desktop applications from scratch using QA automation tools (e.g. Test Complete, Test Studio, Tricentis Tosca, UFT/QTP, Ranorex)
- Experienced in evaluating existing manual test cases and identify opportunities for automation
- Experienced in using JIRA compatible Test Management Tools (e.g. Xray), preferably introducing them from scratch
- Experienced in creating, supporting and executing test plans for manual, automated, UAT and regression testing
- Experienced in writing technical reports and user documentation, including measurable metrics such as defect density
- Experience delivering quality automated testing solutions for web applications, using various dedicated tools (e.g. Selenium, Katalon, Watir)
- Experienced in working with Agile development methodology