Junior, Mid-Level and Senior DevOps Engineer Permanent Vacancies – Warwick – £30000 – £70000 per annum
We are currently assisting a fast growing digital agency in Warwick to build a DevOps team. The experience required will differ for the specific role you are seeking as either a Junior, Mid-level or Senior DevOps Engineer. These roles would suit somebody from a PHP Development background who has a passion to move into DevOps. Exposure to Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS and GCP would be advantageous although training and mentoring will be given.
Key Responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer
- Set up Git source code repositories for automotive platform development and client implementations
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of DevOps
- Build infrastructure as code on MS Azure using Terraform for various environments
- Maintain continuous integration (CI) processes using Composer, Docker and Azure DevOps pipelines
- Maintain continuous deployment (CD) processes into MS Azure using Kubernetes, Helm Charts and Azure DevOps pipelines
- Assist in the automation of end to end process from Infrastructure Build to CI/CD of application components for each environment
- Apply sound Security Principles to all environments
- Maintain the configuration management framework to set up Docker images accordingly to requirements of given environments
- Set up performance and health check monitoring tools for various environments
- Implement centralized log management
Candidate Experience (This will vary depending what level role you are seeking)
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience as a PHP developer (or similar)
- Familiar with software development life cycle, CI/CD and agile/lean delivery model
Desirable technology stack:
- PHP and Symfony or Symfony Flex
- Composer and MySQL
- Linux Bash Scripting
- Docker, Kubernetes and Helm Charts
- Git, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Terraform and MS Azure (or equivalent)
- Atlassian Tools – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Analytical, logical and lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional delivery skills.
- Experienced internal and external facing communication skills.
- Experience of working with third party and offshore teams.
- Requirement to be On Call for Critical Issues