BI Developer. As part of our continued growth we are seeking a BI Developer to be part of our growing team. The role is responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance and improvement of the BI processes, contributing to and acting upon directions to increase reliability, efficiency and accuracy of data ingestion, storage and provision. The role of BI Developer will work directly with key business stakeholders and with project Squads to understand current and future business requirements, ensuring that solutions are aligned to customer requirements.
As a BI Developer you will possess the following skills and experience:
- 3 years experience working in a BI capacity: data processing and reporting environment
- Experience of one or more of hte following BI tools: PowerBI, Tableau and/ or Alteryx
- Utilising SQL Agent Jobs, parameterised Stored Procedures, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- SQL Server 2008
- MS Visual Studio and MS TFS or other source control programs.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Analyst
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with current BI reporting technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, SSRS) and their corresponding languages (T-SQL, M-Query, MDX, DAX)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude