Telecommunications Engineer (SIP Trunking, H323): As an international business with operations in over 10 countries we are looking for a Telecommunications Engineer with skills in Network Engineering to join our team of IT Professionals.
With a broad understanding of networking technologies as an experienced Telecommunications and Network Engineer you will have had commercial experience of support and administration as follows:
- SIP Trunking (Nextone/Genband, Digitalk)
- LAN IP switching and routing (Cisco, HP, Juniper)
- BGP routing
- Firewalls (SonicWall, iptables)
- Load Balancing (Haproxy)
- VPN (strongSwan, SonicWall)
- Authentication protocols (Diameter and Radius)
- Experience working in datacentres (racking, cabling)
- Nextone/ Genband, Digitalk
- Linux (Debian) and Windows systems generic administration and maintenance
- KVM/Qemu virtualization
- Apache Tomcat administration
- Web servers (nginx, Apache, Microsoft IIS)
- Databases (Maria/Percona/Galera, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Monitoring (Zabbix, SNMP)
- Scripting (Bash shell, perl, php)
- Continuous integration (Ansible, puppet)
The main responsibilities for the Telecommunication Engineer will include but not be limited to:
- Daily checking the status of most critical services
- Setting up and responding to system alerts as a matter of urgency.
- Daily in-depth check of the network: checking logs, checking resources (CPU, Memory, Disk, Traffic, etc) on firewalls, switches, routers etc.
- Providing technical support to the rest of the team.
- Live/production platform troubleshooting.
- Service and platform design/ engineering: to improve the service, provide higher availability, etc.
- Liaise with our platform providers to troubleshoot any issues.
- Performing all tasks related to network and systems (both Linux and Windows), load balancers, monitoring, security, VPN, Buildings/ offices/ datacentre communications, Phone system etc.
- Providing out of hours support on a regular basis.