Technical Account Manager Post Sales – Permanent– Remote Working – Salary from £60000 – £70000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Post Sales Technical Account Manager (TAM) to work remotely for a global organization in Reading with occasional travel to the office. This role will require the Technical Account Manager to correctly position our solutions in the customer’s vision, and to help designing, implementing and integrating our solutions in the customer’s IT security environment.
As a Technical Account Manager, you are in the unique position where you hold responsibility for both the technical and sales contact with your customer managing your own business, establishing and growing strong relationships at all levels of business seniority within the customer’s management.
Responsibilities of the Technical Account Manager
- Maintain and develop business and technical relationships at all levels to identify and develop potential new business opportunities within aligned accounts
- Deliver engaging sales presentations that are relevant to the audience
- Demonstrate, prove and align product capabilities to support customer goals
- Respond to customer questions on technical and business-related issues, including RFIs/RFPs
- Actively promoting, managing and supporting POCs
- Manage opportunity pipeline activity through the Company’s CRM
- Carefully monitor the quality of all services delivered to customer
- Timely raise any necessary alert on the customer business or technical situation
- Act as the customer champion
- Work with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams to drive customer requirements
- Travel onsite regularly to meet with customers to be an extension of their security team
Successful candidate will have important knowledge of IT security and compliance and be used to control typical business and sales processes.
- This is a sales role so familiarity with customer presentations and negotiations is desired.
- Keep sales admin up to date and complete sales reports when necessary.
- Experienced at blending technical details with commercial requirements and communicating such matters in a customer-oriented way
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting customer priorities
- Able to travel throughout the sales territory
Preferred knowledge of key technologies and subjects including;
- TCP/IP and networking,
- Vulnerability Management,
- Policy Compliance/Audit Tools,
- Network Security,
- Web App Security,
- Endpoint Detection and Response,
- File integrity Monitoring
- Patch management.
- other relevant enterprise security solutions
- Cloud providers
- Containers and DevOps cycle
- API scripting (curl, python, …)