Sybase DBA: As part of the programme to build out an innovation lab we are seeking a Sybase DBA with experience of production support. We are seeking someone with good troubleshooting skills to work in a global database team supporting Sybase/ MS SQL Server database products/ platforms in an enterprise scale environment.
As a Sybase DBA your experience and skills will include:
- Maintaining and supporting Sybase databases around the globe
- Supporting the developers and the application teams.
- Proficiency with Sybase DBA tasks as well as with SQL commands to develop stored procedures and triggers
- 5 years experience with Linux, SRDF, storage, backup (preferably Commvault), monitoring, auditing and scripting.
- 5 years experience with Sybase replication: classic, warm standby and MSA
- Sybase installations, upgrades, troubleshooting
- Experience Sybase IQ is an advantage
- Wide experience with Sybase performance tuning
- Experience of MS SQL Server Versions 2008-2016 is an advantage
- Full understanding of RFS, Incident and change management service delivery principles ITIL
- Commercial experience in a production environment
We are looking for a Sybase DBA who will:
- Design and implement complex changes
- Troubleshoot and solve incidents
- Monitor and analyze Sybase performance issues
- Work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure