SQL Developer: A major global Digital Media business is seeking an experience SQL Developer to develop a number of Stored Procedures using SSIS to enable the completion of the ETL work ahead of a Data migration into a new Data Warehouse.
Working closely with a number of Senior Stakeholders and business units the SQL Developer will take a lead in the development of the new Data Warehouse based on the SQL Server as well as the BI suite. The key experience for this role of SQL Server Engineer are:
- Look at the stored procedures, convert them into SSIS packages.
- There’s no documentation right now so they want some who can create packages into SQL.
For the SQL Developer the SQL Server tools kit comprises of:
- Exposure to On-prem and cloud versions of SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Experienced in using SSDT with respect to SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSAS projects and their deployment in relation to stories and tasks.
- Experience of parameter driven deployment
- Unit testing using tSQLt or a similar framework
- Strong TSQL skills across all database objects, to such an extent that one is also able to reverse engineer requirements if need be.
- SSAS knowledge of MDX for creation of calculated measures and dimension members, dynamically processing cube based on delta movement.
- Creation of SSIS packages using BIML and metadata stored in a central repository.
- Storage and execution of SSIS packages for on-prem.
- Experience in the creation of pipelines to orchestrate the ELT/ETL delivery.
- Experience of their delivery using metadata would be nice to have.
Azure (ideal not essential):
- Storage and execution of SSIS packages
- Azure SQL database
Nice to have:
- ARM templates development and deployment to create services and pipelines.
- Databricks notebooks exposure in conjunction with Python/ Scala.
- DevOps exposure with SQL Server and Azure.
- CI/CD exposure