SQL DBA: We are seeking an experienced SQL DBA to join our IT team across a number of our operational production databases. You we have full ownership of our Live, Replication and Reporting data servers including our data warehouse.
As an experienced SQL DBA your skills and experience include:
- Experience as a DBA using SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016.
- Thorough knowledge of T-SQL.
- Write SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS.
- SQL performance optimisation.
- Experience of working with big data / large production databases
- Experience with database archiving processes.
- Experience designing and implementing maintenance procedures.
- Good understanding of appropriate security measures for enterprise databases.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act.
You day to day duties for this SQL DBA role include:
- Ownership and day to day maintenance of a vast SQL database infrastructure.
- Producing reports and ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes using SSIS
- Writing scripts (stored procedures, functions, triggers and ad-hoc) on a live environment.
- Protecting the live platform from ad-hoc scripts and inefficient code.
- Maintenance of the Live and Replication data architecture
- Maintenance of existing indexes and creating new indexes.
- Handling SQL jobs, statistics, table management and triggers.
- Disaster Recovery planning.
- Managing database permissions, database security/ integrity and backup procedures.
- Creating automated backups.
- Archiving and backing up database infrastructure.
- Implementing security measures across databases, both onsite and offsite.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals for new and existing databases, queries, and stored procedures.