Cloud Programme Manager
Cloud Programme Manager required to manage and deliver technical cloud projects with multiple partners and internal teams. To support and develop both people and systems for which you are responsible for.
This is a permanent role, working with a large Broadcast Media organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Governance:
• Developing project plans and managing milestones to ensure that projects are delivered within the required timescales.
• Managing project scope, tasks and deliverables to agreed acceptance criteria.
• Identification and management of risks, issues and dependencies.
• Directing and co-ordinating activities of project team members to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
• Work with 3rd party vendor and manage relationship between internal stakeholders and external vendors.
• Development of the Cloud Migration Framework and managing delivery following the framework and guidelines.
• Producing project documentation as required ensuring project deliverables are within set constraints.
• Tracking progress against expected benefits to ensure that those benefits are achievable.
• Preparing project status reports to keep management and stakeholders informed of project progress and related issues.
• Co-ordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications.
• Working closely with the business, key stakeholders, vendors and other members of the IT team.
• Working with third party suppliers and managing supplier relationships to ensure delivery to contractual requirements.
• Managing third party suppliers so they follow key governance criteria in place and to ensure they do not spend / utilise resource where it’s not required.
• Gathering resource requirements across the programme and securing resources with department heads.
• Identifying project resource requirements and managing those resources to deliver the project artefacts.
• Forecasting resource requirements across the programme and prioritising delivery accordingly.
• Identifying AWS products and services that can be leveraged within the organisation via engagement with departments.
• Producing costs for the end to end delivery of the projects and identifying budget savings to produce the incremental cost, facilitating and driving the development of the business case.
• To provide detailed costings for upgrades and projects being considered / undertaken and keeping within those projected costs once authorised.
• Liaise with third party vendors for the purchase, leasing or maintenance of all hardware, software and services required by the group.
• Look for and recommend cost saving and opportunities across the company with an IT element.
• Managing and reporting on project budgets to ensure that the projects are delivered within budget and with transparent cost management. The effort around this will increase when projects have been approved and moved into implementation phases.
• Controlling project spend by implementing access controls and caps on usage.
• Working with Finance and Procurement to track and organise spend, ensure invoicing is in alignment, plus organise SoW reviews and approvals.
• Manage Cloud team, with responsibility for hiring, evaluation, training, informal disciplinary procedures.
• To manage the Cloud team on a day to day basis.
• To maintain a schedule of work and delegate operational tasks to team members to facilitate smooth and effective service operation.
• Define, oversee and review all group objectives as directed by the company.
• Lead and execute the growth and maturity of technology teams with an agenda of a highly motivated and performing team.
• To liaise with the Head of IT Infrastructure on a regular basis to keep them informed of matters arising from day to day and project activities.
• To produce reports as required and directed for the Head of IT Infrastructure.
• Manage and maintain any contractual obligations committed to by the group.
• Ensure all service requests comply with financial regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that the group operates according to lawful and ethical standards set out by the company.
• Complete performance reviews and regular 121’s for the team to a high standard and in a timely manner; to liaise with the Head of IT Infrastructure to ensure their views and comments are included and considered. To ensure actions and objectives are followed up.
• Set and review performance and technical objectives for the Cloud team.
• To provide and maintain a secure IT working environment for FOM.
• To complete all mandatory training within specified timelines.
• To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
• To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your Head of Department may assign to you from time to time.