Senior Linux Engineer: as we transition our business to a digital platform and SAAS model we are seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to be responsible for the design, implementation and support of our production environment running on Linux Ubuntu. You will be our go to person for recommendations and engineering and is key to providing a high-quality service with a secure and robust endpoint environment.
As a Senior Linux Engineer your key tasks will include:
- Ownership of all digital network computers.
- Manage, secure and maintain all tools and systems including:
- Update and patch image and end points
- Maintain Chef environment and produce needed cookbooks
- Ensure complete and comprehensive documentation
- Ensure all changes are tested/ verified
- Configure/set up end point as needed
- Migrate the tech stack to a single Linux Ubuntu platform decommissioning all other operating systems.
- Drive the migration project from a technical perspective
- Support the new Linux platform from an operational perspective.
As a Senior Linux Engineer we are seeking the following technical experience:
- Strong Ubuntu experience
- Proficiency in Shell Scripting or Python
- Experience with apt or yum repositories
- Experience of Chef or Canonical
- Familiarity with a configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Linux Engineer to shape and drive the direction of the company from a technical perspective.