We are actively recruiting for Senior Infrastructure engineer to join our client who are based in London on a contract to perm basis. Our client is an international SME and are looking to add to their team ASAP.
You will provide technical expertise offices around the world. With a passion for information technology and a broad range of experience spanning Windows desktop and server platforms, network technologies and Hybrid Cloud environments, you will take a lead role in the development and support of the group’s technical architecture.
Working with colleagues in the UK and across the globe, you will have a track record of hands on fault resolution, taking the lead to resolve complex technical issues and challenges. You will take ownership for solving technical and security issues within the network layer, providing intelligent, scalable and maintainable solutions across a diverse and dispersed enterprise grade environment.
- Global management, maintenance and architecture of LAN/WAN, storage devices, virtualised environments, servers and network devices.
- Maintain and further the use of appropriate cloud technology.
- Develop technical solutions and new security controls to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Proactive systems management of cloud, host and network services.
- Work with third party vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment.
- Resolve issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Project management; from project inception to production release.
- Maintain project plans and documentation for all system builds and modifications.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Strong network routing protocol troubleshooting skills in OSI-layers, TCP/IP, Routing, IPSEC, NAT, SNMP and Wireless networks.
- Extensive experience of Azure environments
- Support and management of Office365
- Deployment and management of Microsoft security services and products.
- Experience with high-end firewalls and switch gear in an enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience with network monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Rancid etc.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Microsoft MCSE technical qualification