QA Manager: as part of a complete company transformation we week a QA Manager to be responsible for all projects working with multiple product teams (both Agile and Waterfall) to build, test, maintain and support the tools used by the European business units. Moving from an outsourced to in-house model you’ll be setting the strategic direction of the QA practice whilst also being hands on supporting teams on the ground and ‘leading by example’.
The main tasks for the QA Manager will be
Ensured efficiency in the QA process
- Collaborate with each individual product team to understand their needs and develop a testing strategy
- Cover all testing phases (incl SIT and UAT).
- Establish an ‘automation first’ test strategy approach
- Introduce TestRail as a test case management tool
- Manage and co-ordinate the QA approach used by third party suppliers (both onshore, nearshore and offshore).
- Encourage collaboration between the internal CCI team and vendors to ensure deliverables met the expected quality requirements.
- Continually identify areas of improvement (both in terms of process and technical approach) whilst ensuring project deadlines and deliverables were not impacted.
- Ensure consistence amongst the project teams in terms of tools, processes and ways of working.
- Produce common QA and testing artefacts hosted on Confluence and OneDrive to ensure they visibility
Embedding planning and process into the development pipeline:
- Work collaboratively with the DevOps team to ensure automated tests are built into the GitHub/ Travis CI build/ deployment pipeline.
- Worked alongside the development team to define coding standards (code quality linters, unit testing) and GitHub best practice (branching, pull requests, code reviews etc.)
- Work with the development and product teams to ensure non-functional requirements (performance, usability, security) are understood and met prior to production releases.
Recruitment, onboarding and line management of the QA team
- Create a new recruitment strategy for the QA practice and led all hiring initiatives and interviews for both permanent and contract QA team members.
- Coach, train and mentor members of the QA team including setting objectives and conducting performance reviews
As QA Manager you will be embedding the QA function into the business, building out the CI/CD pipeline as well as implement automation testing and the necessary tools into the business.