Python Developer: Global organisation with a technology based programme on an AWS platform with a serverless microservices architecture. The Python Developer will focus on development of Digital & Innovative Technology initiatives by researching, evaluating and coding solutions that enable the delivery of business capability within architecture frameworks and be done to quality standards.
The Python Developer will be on working with the other functions, business units and partners through the development cycle by creating services, solutions and proving their value through the business processes that they enable, using a variety of languages and technologies in an agile, modern and innovative way.
Summary & Responsibilities
- Work within a dynamic environment to deliver on a services platform utilizing a microservices design pattern to serve the organisation and its business units.
- Ability to recommend appropriate technology solutions, for the for the Business.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Use up-to-date, modern and efficient techniques and technologies that can be reused.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs
- Set standards and best practices that can be shared
- Explain complex technical terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Working in an agile team
- Pair programming
- Object-oriented programming in multiple languages (Python preferred)
- Cloud platforms and technology (AWS)
- Databases (inc SQL DB, Oracle and MariaDB)
- Good knowledge of SQL and XML
- Source control solutions
- REST architecture, RESTful APIs and SOAP
- Basic Infrastructure and platform design
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous deployment tools
- Experience with C# a plus
- Lambda/Serverless Technologies
- Back end engineering
- Understanding of Containers (Docker/Kubernetes)