Project Manager, Travel Sector: As part of our digital programme we are seeking a Project Manager to coordinate and deliver business critical digital projects based around reservations systems, website, social media. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading the project team of Business & System Analysts, Technical Leads, Developers, Testers, IT Ops, etc as well as engage into global stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities
- A strong deliverable track record of delivery in an Agile environment.
- The use of tools such as Jira and Confluence for project delivery.
- Previous experience of working in the Travel Sector is essential with a background in delivering projects on reservation systems, booking engines, B2B and B2C transactional websites, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to lead project teams to collaborate on decision making, prioritisation and problem solving
- Utilize various project management, business analysis and technical skills concepts
- Experience in managing and interacting with both local and virtual project teams and comfortable working in a geographically spread and matrix environment.
- General knowledge of B2C e-commerce business practices and processes, relational databases, and web technologies
- Experience in Agile/ Scrum development
- Waterfall/ Prince2 is a plus
Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Project Manager are:
- Lead multi-disciplined technology and business teams through the full life cycle of project delivery
- Motivate and influence project team members to deliver on timelines and targets
- Plan, track and communicate progress on projects
- Use Agile methodology to run development activities
- Project governance to track planning, risk & issue management
- Manage and influence project sponsors and stakeholders to ensure project objectives are understood and achieved
- Closely manage vendor delivery, scope and overall quality on day to day bases with strong attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to have direct influence on a business through leading and delivering projects for this Global organisation.