An excellent opportunity to join a digital infrastructure and services provider in a brand-new role as a Product Manager (Telco) to help our client transform their networking capability.
About the role:
As Product Manager (Telco), you will lead on product vision and strategy to take our client’s network to a next generation network e.g. Automation, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Virtual Network Functions (VNF’s). The role is responsible for the whole product lifecycle and engaging successfully with a wide range of stakeholders. The Product Manager (Telco) will need to steer the network from being very product focused to a more service focused model.
Key skills and experience for the Product Manager (Telco):
- Product Management in a Telco/IT tech-oriented business setting is essential
- Experience with carriers, fixed and mobile (especially 5G), peering, packet core network architectures
- Experience in the following Telco environments is required: Dark Fibre, BT, NEOS, Virgin, Openreach, COLT
- Strong commercial understanding of cyber security marketplace
- Strong grounding in product lifecycle management and product development methodologies
- Strong leadership with the ability to drive operational and cultural change
- Demonstrable technical skills and domain expertise in next generation networking
- Skills to develop and lead a high performing product management team
- Strong listening, influencing and communication skills across a range of technical and operational teams
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to influence at a strategic level, but with a strong handle on the detail