Linux Systems Administrator
As an international business with more than 50 sites internationally we are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team of IT Professionals.
Working in this highly IT team, Linux Systems Administrator you will have exposure to a of business critical systems.
For this role of Linux Systems Administrator we require:
- Knowledge and experience of systems administration of Centos Linux
- UNIX shell scripting (shell)
- Experience of PHP/MySQL stack
- Experience of Java based applications &/or web sites
- Experience of performance management and tuning of Linux
- Experienced with patching Linux servers
- Resource planning experience
- Ability to work with non-technical business staff to root cause operational issues
- Ability to build on and use Open Source tools/projects
- Proactive “can do” attitude to all aspects of systems administration
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities
- Experienced in creation and roll-out of standards
- Excellent technical and analytical troubleshooting skills
- Willing to work on new technologies
Your main duties as Linux Systems Administrator will be:
- To provide support and administration of all Servers within the infrastructure
- These servers host multiple environments and applications which are essential for the effective running of the business.
- To ensure high levels of availability, security, integrity and performance are maintained