A leading UK organisation within the entertainment space is currently recruiting for a Linux Administrator to join their fast paced IT department to provide high level technical support for the IT infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation and operation. As the Linux Administrator you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs. The successful Linux administrator will work alongside a team of engineers to support the bespoke applications written in Linux. The company values the input of their employees therefore, as the Linux Administrator you will have a voice on future strategy and systems going in place to support the business.
The client has 36 servers in their IT estate the majority of which run Centos Linux OS.
The Linux Administrator will have good expertise in the following:
- Linux Servers (SAMBA / Apache / Hylafax / Wildfly / Jboss)
- Microsoft AD and Terminal Services (W2008 and W2016)
- MySQL, MSSQL and MaxDB databases
- IP Based PBX and phone system
- Microsoft IIS 7.5
- iSCSI SAN
- Clustered virtualized environment (based on Xenserver or Xen)
- Splunk Logserver
- Linux based pxe thin client systems
- System monitoring
- Proven working experience or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/ software systems
- Experience with the systems detailed in the responsibilities section.
- ITIL experience would be an asset.