Lead Java Engineer: As a market leading innovative media business we are seeking a Lead Java Developer to provide expertise and mentoring of a team of engineers to ensure the delivery of new greenfield applications bringing ideas to life with solid creative technical solutions.
Working from our state of the art offices in Woking this Lead Java Developer will possess the following background and experience:
- Java 8
- Java Application Server
- Spring MVC/ Spring Boot
- GIT or another DVCS
- Apache Tomcat Server
- Cloud Technologies
- Continuous Integration systems
- Build tools such as Maven or Gradle
Additional skills we are seeking as Lead Java Developer include:
- Mobile development (Android)
The duties for the Lead Java Developer will include:
- Act as a Technology Champion: researching new methods, solutions and ways of working and sharing these within the team encouraging a continuous learning culture.
- To act as a mentor to the Engineers
- Work closely with the Technical Architects to clearly define solutions.
- To carry out complex development activity in line with business strategy.
- To provide technical solutions that have a high level of technical innovation and creative thinking
- Deliver cutting edge solutions using data sources, social media, interactive and mobile technologies.
- Be fully conversant with the Agile methodology
- To be familiar with a TDD based workflow.
- Liaising with relevant business stakeholders
- To work closely with Live Services
The role of Lead Java Developer will be leading a team of three engineers from a technical perspective.
As well as an excellent base salary the role also comes with excellent benefits package.