DevOps Engineer: As a global digital and Microservices implementation programme we are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to be part of a rapidly expanding team with the focus on building and developing their CI/CD platform.
Working across the whole programme as a DevOps Engineer you will look to develop and maintain new tooling and development automation to this exciting programme. For this role of DevOps Engineer the technical skill-set breakdown is as follows:
- DevOps Engineer with 3yrs+ DevOps experience
- Experience of bridging the gap between Development and Operations within an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/ Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in automating build, release, test, and deploy using git (Bitbucket), SonarQube, Nexus and Jenkins and pipelines
- Use of DevOps IDE tools such as Visual Studio Code
- Ability to setup and configure Confluence, Big Picture & Stride
- Have worked with virtualized and cloud environments e.g. AWS, Azure
- Understanding of Linux, including a variety of systems tools: from monitoring, alerting, and log aggregation to system performance analysis and tuning.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following: API’s/REST, SOAP. Strong scripting skills (bash, PHP, Groovy etc.)
- Strong documentation and diagrammatical skills, especially for Confluence, use of Visio, etc.
Basic role/ Duties for the DevOps Engineer will include:
- Responsible for automatic deployment of applications and project infrastructure provisioning using a range of DevOps tools.
- Implement and maintain CI/ CD pipelines across a range of key applications.
- Adherence to quality assurance processes
- Deliver tools e.g. Jenkins for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Deliver tools for automated software assurance and QA
- Delivery of work to agreed milestones
- Handover of administrative components to Operational Support
This is a long-term programme and the ideal DevOps Engineer will have experience in some of the following technology: EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Load Balancers, IAM, RDS, VPC’s, Linux (RHEL), Containers & Docker and Kubernetes Contain Orchestration and management, Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, Scripting, Jenkins, Bash, AWS, Azure.