Desktop Support Analyst contract – Glasgow – between £150 – £200 per day
We are currently recruiting for a contract Desktop Support Analyst to be based in Glasgow on an initial 3 month contract. This Desktop Support analyst vacancy is working for a market leading organisation and is offering a fantastic day rate of up to £200 per day.
Your role as a Regional IT Desktop Support Analyst will include, but is not limited to, the following principle accountabilities:
- To maintain our IT landscape for all UK locations to a supportable and maintainable standard
- To respond to requests for assistance from internal customers or those referred by other IT service team members, ensuring that they are logged and dealt with in a pleasant, professional, and timely manner.
- To deliver a high standard of technical, problem-solving support to end-users.
- To assist with the coordination, scheduling and completion of tasks for all members of the Desktop Support team, provide technical guidance to other members of the team, and to provide operational day-to-day task management support to the Lead Desktop Support analyst.
- To maintain an accurate hardware and software inventory for all sites – ensuring that assets are acquired and disposed of according to agreed procedures.
- To provide, on request, occasional out-of-hours support task assignments such as office layout changes, infrastructure maintenance and priority tasks.
- Manual handling of PC equipment will be involved in this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful Desktop Support Analyst must have the following technical skills / experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a 1st/2nd line technical support role
- Minimum ITIL Foundation Level qualified
- Call logging system experience (preferably ServiceNow)
- Windows 2003 Active Directory Administration (users, computers and groups)
- Exchange v2010 and v2013, and Office365
- Detailed technical knowledge of Windows Operating systems (Win7 to Win10) and MS Office products (Office XP to 2010, Office365, Lync) and collaboration services such as Chatter, video conferencing, Skype for Business, SurfaceHub
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS X with Entourage, integrating Apple Mac’s into an AD domain and Parallels for Mac
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP, network attached storage, Android and Apple smartphone, iPad and PDA’s, wi-fi, VPN clients and Proxy servers.
- Technical understanding of thin client solutions – Citrix, Remote Desktop.
- Demonstrate extensive experience with the support of desktop hardware; laptops, desktops.
- Comfortable working with Server permissions, login scripts, Windows Active Directory group policy, and aspects of IT security
- Experience of installing, configuring, controlling and supporting the end-to-end IT landscape for depot and office estates, including but not limited to desktops, laptops, monitors, smartphones, tablets, structured cabling / local area networks (LAN), connections between local and wide area networks, server room installation and environment control, server room configuration and administration, backup technology and Wi-Fi network components