Data Engineer: Based in the South-West of England, our Data Science and Technology orientated client is seeking a Data Engineer to be responsible for designing, building and maintaining robust and scalable solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud, working within a variety of diverse and exciting industries.
We are seeking the following technology stack for this Data Engineer role:
- Knowledge of data modelling and pipelines using native tooling in the public cloud (AWS/ Azure) or the Apache stack
- Experience of designing, building or improving data architectures
- Excellent understanding of data warehouse design principles
- Experience of working with various data storage technologies, such as: data lakes, data warehouses and traditional SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Confident building models that analyse large volumes of data
- Strong SQL and/or Python skills
- Experience of ingesting and processing streamed data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Azure IoT Hub etc.)
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a data engineering or Business Intelligence development role
- Experience in collaborating directly with end users and leveraging your business acumen to help shape solutions which address our clients’ needs
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Experience in working as part of Agile and/or multi-disciplinary teams