BI Architect: As part of our technology transformation programme we are seeking a BI Architect to be design and lead the implementation of our digital Data and BI estate. The successful candidate will possess the fundamentals of Architecture having worked within complex BI and Data environments . You must have implemented Enterprise BI and Data Transformation aligned to a modern digital technology stack.
The key skills for the BI Architect we need are:
- Understand how data can drive company decisions and move towards a data driven business
- Strong experience of a range of Big Data and BI tools
- Expertise in the manipulation of data and managing Data Warehouses
- Experience of building end to end processes for reporting, through to ETL to analytical solution delivery
- A good knowledge of analytics and data science methodologies
- Experience of working with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, PySpark, Scala, AWS EMR
- Experience in R/ Python
The role of BI Architect will be responsible for:
- BI/data specialists including the planning, distribution and execution of all work.
- Architecting, designing and developing the Big Data offering, incorporating the migration from on-premises Data Warehousing to Big Data solutions.
- Define the optimal future strategy and roadmap
- Building the next generation of reporting and analytical solutions
- Building entire ETL process for new data imports
- Use of relational, NoSQL, file system and graph databases for work
- Working with multiple data sources and performing data modelling
- Analyse the current data infrastructure and then help implement our optimal scalable data structure
- Be the Evangelist to drive adoption of BI tools/reporting by team members
- Work with various stakeholders involved across Europe and represent the BI team.
- Collaborates with the Architecture Team