Job Title: Senior BI and Data Consultant
Job Reference: Br_2576
Salary: £500 per day
Tenure: Contract: 6 months
Senior BI and Data Consultant: As part of our major global programme we are seeking an experienced Senior BI and Data Consultant to lead the design, development and implementation of the complete Data ecosystem within our new Azure environment.
As Senior BI and Data Consultant will possess a strong background in working with a number of different BI tools including:
- Reference and Master Data Management
- Azure SQL Database as part of a PaaS solution
- SQL Server 2012 to 2016
- Azure SQL
- Azure Analysis Services
- Microsoft Azure Data Factory
- Power BI (Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service)
- Visual Studio 2010
- C# and .Net framework
- ETL e.g. SSIS
- Data Cubes e.g. SSAS
- Source control, preferably TFS
The focus and scope of the Senior BI and Data Consultant role is as follows:
- Investigates data requirements, and applies data analysis
- Data modelling and quality assurance, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Analyses data requirements, to establish, modify or maintain a data model.
- Familiar with data modelling e.g. ERD, UML, Star Schema and Data modelling tools e.g. Erwin, Visio
- Continuous development and maintenance of the BI stack and data warehouse.
- Work across the Group to enable cost-effective and innovative solutions
- Drive the development of standards, governance processes and performance metrics
- Developer and delivery strategically aligned data and reports.
- Responsible for working with key business stakeholders to define, design and develop end user reporting, KPIs, and business analytics.
- Document high-level requirements to create detailed technical designs
This role of Senior BI and Data Consultant is a 6 month assignment and is part of a global deployment of CRM into which the BI stack will be integrated.