Job Title: Junior Business Analyst
Job Reference: BR_2609
Location: West-end London, Soho
Salary: Neg plus bonus and benefits.
Junior Business Analyst: Currently on the lookout for an entry level Business Analyst to join a globally recognised luxury travel company. They are looking for a dynamic individual working within an agile driven environment, to fill in the Junior Business Analyst position in their office based in the heart of Central London.
Education and Experience for this Junior Business Analyst are:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a tour operator or online travel company
- Experience in working with Travel Studio from Open Destinations.
- Experience with MS-Office suite (Visio, Excel, Outlook, Word and QA Tools), in particular Excel is a must
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development a plus.
- Technical abilities including reading/interpreting XML, SQL, or APIs preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Define and development of new process requirements (‘as-is’ versus ‘to-be’)
- Translating process requirements into business and functional requirements.
- Support in-house and external teams during application development, testing, implementation.
- Lead efforts to ensure the application meets the agreed requirements.
- Participate in application design sessions.
- Analyze business requirements.
- Reporting data for problem solving.
- Implementation of problem solutions at a Group level.
- Participate in development of user interface design.
- Develop and maintain process and application documentation and standards.
- Apply a high standard of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Assist with other special projects or related duties as assigned.
- Ability to translate business requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and basic functional specifications
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable participating or being a lead in workshops, surveys, task analysis.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate business concepts
- Experience in managing and interacting with both local and virtual project teams.
- A ‘self-starter’ requiring little direct oversight
- Detail oriented and can stay strategically focused in an ever fluid project environment.
- Comfortable acting as an ambassador for the technology team at all times