Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
Job Reference: BR_2592
Location: Woking, Surrey
Salary: £550 per day
Tenure: 6 months.
Infrastructure Manager: As a large global media business we are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Manager to drive and deliver our move to our new cloud based platform. You will be involved in managing the cloud hosting environment, supporting up to 20 global business units, working closely with infrastructure teams.
As Infrastructure Manager you will be working within an innovative, fast pace, tech savvy environment driving change forward. Managing a team of 6 engineers and also being responsible for the European Data Centers, WAN and services to 24 countries and all UK offices.
Skills needed for the Infrastructure Manager are:
- Experience with at least 2 or mire cloud technologies: AWS, Azure OR Google cloud
- Responsible for all Cloud, Servers, VMWare, SAN, Network, backup services and Security.
- Provide a platform for application services to enable DR capability
- Implemented fast access to cloud exchange enabling access to Azure, v Cloud and AWS.
- Planning the migration from current on premise hardware and cloud services to the new performant infrastructure
- Manage project budget(s) to delivery infrastructure improvements
- Improve border security (wireless control, 2 factor access, DarkTrace trend analysis)
- Part of senior management team and member of the IT Steering group hosted by CIO which controls IT spend and technical direction.
- Deployed an infrastructure monitoring tool where none existed (Solarwinds)
- Identify single points of failure and provide business plan, costing and implement to remove
- Delivered a fully resilient infrastructure with an additional datacentre and diverse network capability.
Whilst this role of Infrasturcture Manager is an initial 6 month contract this is a long-term opportunity for someone who wants to deliver our next generation cloud environments.